The Presenter ; W.N. (Nick) Marianos, Jr., Ph.D., P.E.
This workshop will cover evaluation and capacity rating of bridges carrying freight railroad traffic. The topics covered will include:
- Overview of the evaluation process
- The importance of component level inspections
- Capacity rating using the procedures of the American Railway Engineering and Maintenance of Way Association Manual for Railway Engineering.
- Methods for assessing older bridges with incomplete documentation available.
- Approaches for strengthening existing railroad bridges.
About the Presenter
W.N. (Nick) Marianos, Jr., Ph.D., P.E., has over 30 years of experience in bridge design and assessment. He has taught LRFD Bridge Design at the university level since 1994, and is currently secretary of AREMA Technical Committee 7 on Timber Railroad Bridges. Marianos has taught a number of workshops and technical seminars on railroad and highway bridge design.
Professional Development Hours
Participants in these workshops will receive certificates recognizing their attendance. These will be acceptable confirmation of continuing professional development hours by most professional engineering boards in the United States.